So I found these adorable little guys on Pinterest, but I couldn’t find any source or how-to…so I thought I would share what I learned!
Let me preface the “things you’ll need” section by saying that though I did A LOT of research to find the best Rice Krispie recipe…this didn’t turn out to be this. So I encourage you to keep looking (and I’ll do the same)…and let me know if you find it!
Things You’ll Need:
- 1 10 oz. bag of mini marshmallows
- 4 tbs. butter (rumor has it this may have been where I went wrong…)
- 5½ cups of Rice Krispies cereal (the 9 oz. box was sufficient)
- Food coloring–yellow, red, and green
- Mini Twix bars OR Rolos
- Fondant–buy pre-made at a craft store or purchase:
- 1½ tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1½ tablespoons shortening (e.g. Crisco)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar
Put the butter in a pot large enough to hold the final product. Melt on low heat, being sure not to let it burn.
Slowly add marshmallows, on VERY low heat! I can’t stress that enough–you want them to melt, but they burn very easily so it has to be gradual.
Once butter and marshmallows are melted and mixed, add food coloring to make the mixture orange.